“A drone is a complex machine, and once you peek inside, one STEM concept leads to another,” said the website.
STEM Notes and Ideas Robhub.org described how drone programs can resemble “a nesting doll for concepts in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.”
Engineering and aerodynamics are important concepts when using and designing drones.
- Conservation, Search & Rescue
- Energy Infrastructural,
- Film making
- Virtual Tour Guide
School Use: (watch this video)
- Record aerial view of sporting events
- Record aerial view of environment/landscape/wildlife
- Revamp Shop Class
- Use video for morning announcements
- Design and Engineering (creating Drone)
- Collaboration - teams create and fly drones or Unmanned Aerial Systems. Roles include controller, safety officer, and watcher of drone
When creating a Drone, students can learn:
- Principles of flight
- Aircraft Construction
- Electric Power Systems
- Modern Manufacturing such as 3D printing and CNC Machines
First, there may be local and state laws regarding flying drones, specifically near an airport.
Where can I use Drones?